Monday, August 22, 2011

Menu Plan Monday -- It's Back to School Time -- Aug 21- 27

What a busy few weeks that we have had here. G went with my parents & nephew for a trip to the Texas Coast and they had a lot of fun. Lots of swimming was done and he came back all tan and very tired. While he was gone, E left for a long weekend for a boys trip with his Dad & Brother. This left me all alone for a few days and the relaxing time was really nice. I was able to get a few projects done around the house and a bit of school shopping done for G.

School starts on Tuesday and I can't believe that G will be in the 2nd grade. We went this past Friday for Meet the Teacher Night and see the brand new school he will be attending. The new school is really nice and reminds me of a high school or college like campus. Everything is new and there is lots of technology that the older schools do not have. He is in the same class as his friend H and I think they are excited about that. Plus they arrive to school together and get on the bus to go to after-school care together too. We met his TAG teacher and he will be doing more with that program this year, plus he will start flag football soon and Cub Scouts is in full swing. So, with school starting and football starting up we will be busy around our house, and to top that off we are slowly getting ready for the new addition that will arrive in February.

Here is our menu for the week, we are going to be using the crock-pot a bit more as well as doing some bulk cooking once a month to help on the those super busy nights.

Sunday
Steaks, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Zucchini

Monday
Tortilla Crusted Tialpia, Rice, Veggies

Tuesday
Chicken Satay with Easy Peanut Noodles (NEW)

Wednesday
Crispy Tacos, Refried Beans, Rice

Thursday
Leftovers

Friday
Roast, Hashbrown Casserole, Green Beans, Rolls

Saturday
Lasagna, Bread, Salad


Breakfasts for the week
Waffles w/PB & Yogurt
Cereal & Cottage Cheese
Poptart, Cottage Cheese & Bacon

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!!!!

    Darlin' I read your wish to the Fairy Hobmother- and if I had known I would have sent you the 16 inch one I had before I moved to England 6 months ago. I brought my grandmother's with me(the only kitchen piece I brought at ALL),but you would have LOVED the 16 incher.

    I dont know how you cook without one. Bless your heart- I hope you win the contest and get your cast iron skillet.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete