Friday, August 5, 2011

Fast Friday -- Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Dip

I have been craving spicy food with this pregnancy! Which is so strange that since with G, I didn't want anything spicy (other than salsa) and that was hard since we lived in San Antonio then and there was so much good Mexican food there.

I found this dip recipe awhile back and bookmarked it to make the next time that we had a get-together or needed to take something to a BBQ. Well, since that hasn't happened and I wanted a snack last Sunday while we were cleaning out and doing lots of purging here, I thought it would be a perfect thing to make.

It was good and not too spicy (I didn't put all the seeds in from the jalapenos) and was a nice snack.


Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Dip

1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of Miracle Whip (or sour cream)
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Italian blend cheeses, shredded (or Parmesan)
2 jalapenos, minced with seeds (I left most of the seeds out)
1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Italian blend cheeses, shredded
1/4 cup butter, melted

Blend cream cheese, Miracle Whip, cheddar and Italian cheeses, jalapenos and bacon. I used my stand mixer and mixed until incorporated.
Spread the dip into an 8×8 baking dish.
Mix Panko, second 1/4 cup of Italian cheeses and the melted butter. Sprinkle this topping evenly over the top of the dip.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Crust will be beautifully browned and dip may be bubbling around the edges of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment