Friday, December 17, 2010

Fast Friday -- Salsa Chicken & Ranch Florentine Tostadas

I am not a fan of Spinach -- I really dislike it. However, I thought that this would be a recipe to try even though it had spinach. I actually liked it. There wasn't a lot of spinach in the dish and it didn't have a big spinach flavor, all of the seasonings made it taste good.

I used taco chicken that I prepared several days before in the crock-pot. This made it a really quick dinner. Just paired it with some rice and refried beans.


Salsa Chicken & Ranch Florentine Tostadas
http://www.picky-palate.com/


2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 Cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
2 Cups cooked shredded chicken breast (I used my crockpot taco chicken)
2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4-1/2 teaspoon dry Ranch Seasoning
1/2 Cup prepared salsa of choice
Corn Tortillas

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, saute spinach until leaves wilt. Stir in chicken, garlic, cumin, salt, ranch seasoning and salsa. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through.

Heat skillet over medium heat, when hot add tortillas. Cook until lightly browned on each side, flip about every 30 seconds

Top tortillas with chicken mixture, additional salsa, cheese, sour cream, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment