Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Daily Bread Cafe & Bakery - Glenwood Springs Colorado



Daily Bread Cafe & Bakery
729 Grand Avenue
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
(970) 945-6253
Mon-Sat 7am-2pm; Sun 7am-noon



While the Boys went to visit some caverns and an amusement park, I did some exploring and shopping in Glenwood Springs. Glenwood Springs is a cute town with lots of neat shops and several cafes. While I was shopping, I asked several locals where to eat and this is just one of the places that was recommended.

Daily Bread is located on the main street of Glenwood Springs and it a very simple cafe and it doesn't really catch your attention when walking by. I went in and it was around 12:30pm and not too busy (maybe because it was the middle of the week). They serve breakfast & lunch and breakfast can be ordered at any time.

I decided to go with the ham & cheese omelte and it was served with fruit & french bread along with iced tea. The omelte was stuffed with good quality ham and lots of cheddar cheese. The fruit was okay - the cantalope wasn't really ripe and a bit hard but the orange slices were really good. The french bread slices were good and I could have eaten many more of them.

The omelte was so big that there was no way to be able to eat all of it. Plus I had eyed some baked goods in the display case when I walked in. I did order the brownie and it was really the best brownie ever! It was perfect -- cake like but fudgy and the top was crusty and overall the best brownie ever! Plus it had the perfect amount of chocolate.

It wasn't too busy and I was able to sit, enjoy my food and read, which was really nice. No one was rushing me in and out of the cafe.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time eating lots of good fun and having lots of fun! Im glad!! :) You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete