Thursday, July 22, 2010

Village Smithy - Carbondale, Colorado




Village Smithy Restaurant
26 South Third Street
Carbondale, Colorado 81623
970-963-9990
http://www.villagesmithyrestaurant.com/



One day during vacation while just about everyone went White Water Rafting, I went shopping in Carbondale with my FIL. It was a really nice time exploring the various shops with him and we both found some great finds. While we were out, we decided that we would try out this restaurant for lunch. Since they also serve breakfast at anytime, we both decided to order breakfast items.

I ordered the three whole wheat pancakes mounded with fresh fruit and bacon and FIL ordered the santiago skillet (A bed of hash browns with grilled chicken, mild green chilies, black beans, corn, jack cheese and two eggs. Served with a flour tortillas).

The pancakes were amazing and the bacon was perfectly crispy. FIL said that his santiago skillet was great too.

E and I went back a few days later for an early breakfast. I ordered their biscuits & gravy special and E ordered an omelete. It was filled with sausage, onions, mushrooms and two kinds of bell peppers. My biscuits & gravy were good but I have had better. E really liked his omelete and it was huge!

1 comment: