Monday, January 4, 2010

Cream Cheese Pound Cake - Moist and Yummy!


I really wanted a pound cake yesterday and didn't like the recipe that I had in my binder. So, I did what I do when I need a new recipe - look through my favorite blogs and cookbooks - but I didn't find anything that I wanted so I then googled pound cake. LOL

I found a website called Recipes 4 Cakes -- http://www.recipes4cakes.com/

They have a Cream Cheese Pound Cake that looked good and I had all of the ingredients for it, so I set out to make it and I must say it came out really well. Not too sweet, very moist and since I added a bunch more vanilla it has a nice vanilla flavor. And I don't use the vanilla you find at the grocery store. I use a clear vanilla from Mexico. It is pure, strong and wonderful. Can't wait to get more from my Mom & Dad (they just got back from a trip to the Texas/Mexico border).

Here is the recipe that I found yesterday - It did take longer than the hour it said, more like an hour and half. But all ovens & pans could make that be different. I suggest check it at an hour and then every 5 minutes after that.

Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
Recipe by: PAT HERRINGTON at http://www.recipes4cakes.com/

1 tub (8oz) Cream Cheese, softened
3 sticks Butter, softened
3 cups Sugar
6 Eggs at room temp
3 cups Plain Flour
1 tsp Vanilla (I used 1 Tablespoon of pure vanilla)
1 tsp Salt


Oven Temp ~ 325° Baking Time ~ 1 Hour
Pan Type ~ 10 inch tube pan

Preheat oven, Grease and flour pan.
Soften margarine and cream cheese.
Cream together well.
Add sugar and continue to cream.
Add eggs one at a time.
Cream together good.
Add flour slowly to the mixture.
When mixed well add the vanilla and salt.
Mix well.
Pour into prepared pan and bake until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Careful not to over bake.



And you can tell that we have enjoyed it - I made it yesterday and half of it is gone. We have eaten all of it except one slice that I gave to my co-worker.

1 comment:

  1. This look great! I got a bundt pan for hristmas and can't wait to use it!
    I hope the cookie dough brownies turned out ok!!

    ReplyDelete