Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Brunch -- Sour Cream Pancakes

For some reason I ended up with a tub of sour cream the other day. We don't really use it and I am not sure why I picked it up at the grocery store. But I found a quick pancake receipe in The Pioneer Woman's cookbook that I whipped up the other morning for breakfast for the boys.

This was quick enough that I made it before getting G off to school. Which is great in my opinion, plus you can make a big batch up for a great Sunday Brunch.

Edna Mae's Sour Cream Pancakes
PW Cookbook, page 77

1 cup sour cream
7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Mix sour cream, flour, sugar, baking soda & salt. Stir together gently.
Wisk eggs in separate bowl, add vanilla and stir to combine.
Pour egg mixture into sour cream mixture. Stir together gently.

Melt butter in skillet or griddle. Pour batter into the skillet 1/4 cup at a time. Cook for 1-2 minutes then flip pancakes. Cook until browned on both sides.

Serve with butter & maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment