Sunday, September 4, 2011

Slow Cooker Sunday -- Chicken Enchilada Soup

I love getting the Chicken Enchilada Soup from Chili's -- it is super creamy and wonderful. So when I ran across this recipe, I thought that I would have to try it soon. Even though it is still 100+ degrees here, I made a batch up to have for lunch with a sandwich. Lots of protein and something that I can re-heat easily at lunch time (plus share with my co-workers as well).

Chicken Enchilada Soup
Adapted from: http://www.givinguponperfect.com/

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can corn rinsed & drained
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, diced
2 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce (1 mild & 1 medium)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups milk
2 whole chicken breasts (uncooked)
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded (pepper jack would be good too)

Combine beans, tomatoes, corn, onion and pepper in slow cooker. Place chicken on top. Whisk together the sauce, soup and milk; pour mixture over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. Shortly before serving, take the chicken out and shred. Then put it back in the soup and stir it up. Yields 8 servings.

Serve with crunchy tortilla strips (I found them pre-made by the coutons, or make your own), sour cream, & pico.





No comments:

Post a Comment