Friday, February 11, 2011

Fast Friday -- Southwest Turkey Soup

I just love my Taste of Home magazines! I receive Taste of Home (a gift from MIL) and Taste of Home Healthy Cooking (a gift from my mom) and the issues that I received in Decemeber have been wonderful. We have made so many new things from them!

This was a quick and good soup for the cold weather we had a few weeks ago. It was enough for leftovers but it wasn't so much leftover that we had to toss some in the trash.


Southwest Turkey Soup
Taste of Home
Dec/Jan 2011

1 pound ground turkey
1 T olive oil
2 cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
2 cans chicken broth
2 cups frozen corn (I used 2 cans of corn)
1 cup salsa
1 can chopped green chilies
1 T chili powder

Brown ground turkey in olive oil, drain oil. Add beans, broth, corn, salsa, green chilies and chili powder. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 mins. Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc. We paired it with mexican cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment