Saturday, January 1, 2011

Side Dish Saturday -- Green Bean Bundles

We needed a green side dish to serve with Christmas Dinner and I asked for my Facebook Friends to give me some ideas and this was suggested to us and I am glad that it was. An easy to prepare side dish and bakes for about 45 minutes. I am a big fan of easy side dishes when company is coming -- keeps me from having to stay in the kitchen when everyone arrives.


Green Bean Bundles

2 packages of fresh green beans, approx 15 oz a bag (you can also use frozen)
bacon slices, cut in half
1 cup melted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp soy sauce


Gather 10 beans into a bundle. Wrap bacon around beans and arrange in a 9×13 pan.

Combine melted butter, brown sugar, garlic salt, and soy sauce in a bowl. Mix well. Pour over beans.

Chill overnight. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until bacon is cooked.




Everyone really enjoyed the green beans. They were a bit sweet and tender. I did cook them just a tad too long (we had turned the heat on the oven up and I should have taken them out a bit sooner). But this is a side dish that I will make again.




linked up at:


Mommy’s Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment