Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Plan Monday -- 12/31 through 1/9



This is a long menu plan that I am posting since I missed posting last week (I was very sick). We have a few new recipes and some quick stuff too. School starts back Tuesday for G and I am sure it will take a few days to get back into the early grove.

Friday
Shrimp
Whole Wheat Pasta w/Alfredo Sauce
Asparagus
Fresh Bread


Saturday
Baked Ham
Black Eyed Peas
Cornbread
Squash Casserole (Southern Plate recipe)


Sunday
Leftovers


Monday
Grill Cheese Sandwiches
Soup


Tuesday
Goulash
Salad
Breadsticks


Wednesday
Meatloaf (freezer meal)
Green Beans
Mashed Potatoes


Thursday
Asian Chicken
Fresh Veggies
Rice


Friday
Ham and Cheesey Potatoes
Fresh Veggies


Saturday
Enchalada Pie (new recipe from Taste of Home Healthy Mag)
Rice


Sunday
Salmon (new recipe from Taste of Home Healthy Mag)
Rice
Veggies


Baked Items for the Week:
Not sure what I will bake up this week. Since I am just getting over being sick and we had to toss some yummy baked good last week (we couldn't eat them and I wasn't even interested in them), I might just take the week off.


Breakfast Items for the Week:
Yogurt
Waffles
Pancakes
Cottage Cheese
Bacon/Sausage
Breakfast Protein Shakes
**All pancakes, waffles and bacon/sausage are pre-cooked, just have to heat up**


Preparing for the week:
Goulash meat will be cooked ahead of time
Meatloaf is prepared and in the oven -- just have to defrost and bake
Veggies are ready for use in the fridge (I've been spending a bit more $ and getting the fresh veggies that are ready to steam in the bag -- G really likes them and so does E)
Using leftover ham for ham & cheesey potatoes (might use some with our grill cheese sandwiches)


Grocery Store Deals:
I got on reduce price beef crumbles -- already cooked hamburger meat. (I can add taco seasoning for quick tacos) $1 per pkg and I picked up 2
Diced tomatoes were on sale and had a buy 3 get 1 free

Next week I want to find turkey, ham and brisket on reduce prices for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment