Saturday, January 30, 2010

Corn Bread -- really easy

There is a great blog from Jane Doiron and she has some great make ahead meals/items. And a few days ago she posted a corn bread recipe, but I figured I would never make it cause E dislikes corn bread but today he asked for some to go with our ribs! YEAH, so I was able to make some home made corn bread - which was a first for me. It was yummy and so easy. I don't think I will buy corn bread mix again!!

http://makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.blogspot.com/



Corn Bread

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (I use 1%)
2 eggs
5 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with non stick spray; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread the batter evenly.

3. Bake for 25 - 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kerri,
    I'm glad you liked the corn bread. You have some great recipes here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jane. Your corn bread recipe has made my hubby like corn bread. I am so thankful! :)

    ReplyDelete