Sunday, December 13, 2009

French Apple Pie


I am not a fan of a two crust apple pie, never have been even if the crust is amazing crust -- Which E makes an amazing pie crust -- I don't make pie crust and as long as he makes the crust I never will. It is flaky, buttery and looks good. The few times that I have made pie crust it tastes okay but looks horrible. Thank goodness that E makes crust or I would be buying Pillsbury crust. :)

I made this apple pie when I was in Mrs. Patti Rambo's Food Science class in high school and it is my favorite apple pie. I still have several yummy recipes from that class.


French Apple Pie
9 inch pie

3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6-7 cups sliced & peeled apples, I prefer Granny Smith
lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoon butter

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Mix sugar & cinnamon, set aside.
Peel & Slice apples, squeeze a bit of lemon juice on slices as you slice them to help from turning brown.
Mix lightly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Fill pastry lined pie pan and dot with butter.
Top with Crumb Topping (recipe below).
Bake at 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes.


Crumb Topping
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour

Mix all ingredients until crumbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment