Sunday, September 11, 2011

Slow Cooker Sunday -- 3 Envelope Chicken

With the busy fall schedule starting (and the fact it is still hotter than blazes here in Texas) I will be using my crock-pot a lot more. Not only is it a time saver but it doesn't heat up the house like the oven does, which is a big plus with 100+ degree days.


I found this recipe over at Siggy Spice
and bookmarked it because it was super simple and it was items that I have on hand at all times (which is a big plus in my book).

3 Envelope Chicken
1 packet Ranch Salad Dressing mix
1 packet Italian Salad Dressing mix
1 packet chicken gravy mix
1 cup of water
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Place chicken breasts in a cold Crockpot. (mine were frozen)
Combine the Ranch Dressing Mix, Italian Dressing Mix, and Chicken gravy mix with 1 cup of cold water. Stir to combine. Pour over chicken and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.

We had the chicken with mashed potatoes, fresh veggies and bread. Simple and easy dinner.

We use the Ziploc steam bags, toss veggies in with butter & seasonings and steam in the microwave for a few minutes. Dinner is served in just a few mins after walking in the door.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I don't have a slow cooker here in the UK YET- but maybe Santa will bring me one!!! i *think* I've been pretty good this year. At least I haven't killed anyone...yet. Hahahahah!!! Sorry- it's been a Manic Monday!!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete