Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Brunch -- Blueberry Cobbler French Toast

I ran to Walmart one night for a cookie run (I know, I could have just made a batch but I wanted the break apart & bake cookies). I was hoping for snickerdoodle cookies but Walmart didn't have any break apart ones and so I went to the bakery to find a box and they were out. :(

But I did find a great looking loaf of bread -- Blueberry Cobbler bread!!

I grabbed a loaf and knew that I wanted to make french toast with it -- I figured that cinnamon bread was great for french toast and this would be great too. I was right! We had this for Sunday breakfast recently and it rocked. G didn't care for it but he isn't a fan of blueberry, except for the blueberry muffins they serve at Stepping Stone for snack.

Blueberry Cobbler French Toast

3 eggs, beaten
splash of milk
2 teaspoon of vanilla
4-5 slickes of Grandpa's Oven Blueberry Cobbler bread (from Walmart Bakery)

Mix eggs, milk & vanilla together. Soak slices of bread into egg mixture and place on griddle. Flip when each side is set and browned.

Serve with butter & syrup.









1 comment:

  1. Kerri, this looks great! I haven't had French toast in years... and I love blueberry bread!

    ReplyDelete