Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Brunch -- Light & Crispy Belgian Waffles

For Christmas I received a waffle maker that I had been wanting and we have enjoyed trying out waffles over the past few months. We had some good waffles but I hadn't found one that I just loved. We had this a few weeks ago and it is an adaptation of two receipes. I really liked it, a touch of sweetness and very light but crispy outside.

Light & Crispy Belgian Waffles

2 egg yolks
2 cups milk
2 t pure vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
2 T powedered sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup oil
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten

Preheat waffle maker. Put all ingredients except egg whites in a large mixer bowl. Wisk until mixed smooth. With hand mixer beat the 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form. By hand, gently fold in beaten egg whites.

Pour 1/2 cup batter over the griddle. Close the waffle maker and bake until golden.

Top with your favorites and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment