Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweet Tooth Tuesdays -- Mexican Wedding Cookies

While reading through Christy Jordan's cookbook, Southern Plate I came across her recipe for Mexican Wedding Cookies and I knew that I would be making them. Just like Christy, I remember the pink box on the cookie aisle of the grocery store and how I loved those cookies. For some reason that pink box of cookies is priced higher than any other bag of cookies and therefore not purchased often as a kid or as an adult.





I was really surprised at how easy these cookies were to make! That is one thing that I have been impressed with Christy's cookbook, her recipes are easy to prepare and that is something that I love.



Mexican Wedding Cookies
From: http://www.southernplate.com/
Southern Plate Cookbook, pg 145


1/2 cup shortening
1/4 cup water
1 t vanilla (I used 1 T Mexican White Vanilla)
1 egg white
1 box white cake mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Confectioners' Sugar


Preheat oven to 375.


In a large bowl, mix shortening, water, vanilla & egg white together thoroughly. Mix in the cake mix, nuts and chocolate chips until the dough holds together.


Shape into 1-inch balls (I used my cookie scoop and didn't roll into a ball) and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until almost set, about 10-15 minutes.


While warm, dip the cookies in confectioners' sugar.






Linked up at:
Mommy’s Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment