Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cookies



Awhile back I found a blog that I really enjoy. Not only does Kristan post great recipes, she is funny! I always laugh out loud when reading her blog and I have a list of great recipes to try and share with my family and friends. I encourage you to visit her blog and try these cookies! I will admit the Hershey's Kisses can be hard to find but I found them after Halloween on clearance and stocked up then. If you can't find the Betty Crocker Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix, you can use sugar cookie mix as well. I hope you all enjoy these cookies! We put them on our Teacher Cookie Trays this year.




Photobucket




Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Adapted from: http://confessionsofacookbookqueen.blogspot.com/

Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses (about 24-30, unwrapped)
1 pouch Betty Crocker Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix (you can use sugar cookie mix)
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon, mixed

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix cookie mix, butter, egg, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice with a mixer until well blended. Dough will be very soft. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The dough will be very soft.

Scoop the dough out with a small cookie scoop, roll into a ball, and roll in the cinnamon sugar. If your dough is less firm, drop it in the cinnamon sugar before you shape it.

Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown and centers are firm. Remove from oven and immediately press a Pumpkin Spice Kiss in the center of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment