Monday, December 27, 2010

Lots and Lots of Cookbooks!

I am a big fan of cookbooks. If you ever want to buy me a gift, I can assure you that a cookbook would be a big hit -- as well is the Taste of Home and Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine subscriptions I get each Christmas.

I will sit and read a cookbook, cooking magazine or cooking blogs for hours and hours. It makes me happy to read about food and I like to be happy. I get lots of great ideas from cookbooks, magazines and blogs -- these are receipes that I enjoy sharing with family, friends and co-workers.

These are just a few of my new cookbooks that I received for Christmas or right before Christmas and I can wait to review each one for you!


Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook -- if you have read Jan Karon's Mitford books then you are familar with all of the food items mentioned in her books. This cookbook has lots of the dishes mentioned in her books as well as paragraphs talking about food from each of her books.

Cake Pops by Bakerella -- I must say that I am really excited about this book. However, we are going to have to send it back to Barnes & Nobles for another copy. The copy that SIL received is not only printed upside down but the pages aren't in order. But once I receive the new one, I have a list of cake pops to try out!

Southern Plate by Christy Jordan -- This cookbook has been mentioned and given away on lots of blogs and not only was it on my Christmas List but I also purchased it for SIL this year. I have read through this cookbook already and can't wait to try so many of the recipes that Christy shares. I also enjoy her family stories that she shares in her cookbook. She is a true Southern Woman who knows how to cook.

The Pastry Queen by Rebecca Rather -- Rebecca owns Rather Sweet Bakery & Cafe in Fredericksburg TX and her food is amazing. There are lots of sweets in her cookbook that I can't wait to make.

Taste of Home Cookies! -- There are lots and lots of cookies and I need a spring time cookie exchange so I can share them with everyone.


I can't wait to review each of the cookbooks for all of you! I received each of these cookbooks as a gift from family (or I purchased myself) and know that they should be on each and everyone's cookbook shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment