Friday, November 19, 2010

Fast Friday -- Creamy Tomato, Sausage & Tortellini Soup




Cooler weather is slowly making its way to Central Texas and with the first sign of cooler weather, I start to crave soup. Awhile back I ran across this recipe over at Let's Dish and bookmarked it. I did make a few changes to how Danelle made her version to make due with what I had in the pantry and to make the broth a bit thinner (it was too thick at first).

If you haven't checked out Danelle's blog, you must go over and check out all of the amazing ideas that she blogs about. I bookmark so many of her recipes.

I hope that you enjoy this dish as much as we did.


Creamy Tomato, Sausage & Tortellini Soup
Adapted from:
http://www.letsdishrecipes.blogspot.com/

2 tablespoons Texas Hot Garlic Pepper Olive Oil
1 pound Italian sausage
1T minced garlic
1 pound tortellini (I used)
3T Italian Seasoning
1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
1 cup water
2 cups half and half or cream
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cheese -- Parm, Italian, Mozzerella, etc

Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from casings and crumble into pan. Cook and breaking up sausage as it cooks, add in garlic. When sausage is browned, stir in pasta sauce, water, milk, half and half, salt, pepper & Italian Seasoning. Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Continue boiling gently until tortellini is done, 8-10 minutes.

Top with cheese (I used an Italian blend) and serve french bread and salad with the soup.



Linked up at:

No comments:

Post a Comment