Sunday, August 22, 2010

S'mores Pie -- from Eat at Home

Eat At Home


One of my fave blogs is Eat at Home -- such great and easy ideas. I found a great receipe for S'mores Pie not too long ago and saved it. I was waiting for the perfect time to make it and I figured Girl's Movie Night was just that occasion.

Mine didn't come out as pretty as it could have been but it was good.
The reason mine wasn't so pretty was a few little mistakes. You see I read the receipe, purchased the ingredients but that was about it. I didn't go back and look at measurements -- which caused an ugly pie that looked like it explored at one point. LOL

S'mores Pie
*graham cracker crust – 1 used the larger size
*2 boxes chocolate cook and serve pudding (small boxes)
Nutella – about 1/4 cup
marshmallow cream – about 1/2 cup
mini marshmallows – about 3/4 cup

Cook the pudding according to the package directions. While it cools, spread a layer of marshmallow cream in the bottom of the pie crust. Be gentle and it won't pull up the crust too much, it is okay if it’s not an even layer of marshmallow cream. Spread the Nutella over the top of the marshmallow.

Pour the chocolate pudding into the pie crust. Allow to cool about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the top, so all the pudding is covered. Put the pie under the broiler just until the marshmallows toast. Watch it close so you don’t burn them. Cool the pie and then cover and refrigerate.


Here are my mistakes --
I used a whole jar of marshmellow creme so when the pudding (which was a tad warm still) was put on top the creme exploded out of the pudding -- like mini volcanos. Then when I took it over to a friend's house, I didn't stick back into the fridge and it got warm so it was goopy when I served. Must go back into the fridge!

But it tasted good, just didn't look great at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment