Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sweet Tooth Tuesday -- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

Recently, I told you about a wonderful blog -- Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. I am a big fan of not only Kristan but a fan of anything Snickerdoodle. This is my fave cookie and I will try anything that is labled snickerdoodle. (By the way -- Ben & Jerry make a great ice cream).

I have had this recipe bookmarked for awhile now and decided to make it for dessert on Christmas Eve since we were having friends over for dinner. My best friend SB and her family came to dinner and her hubby is another snickerdoodle fan. I must say if he continues his jokes on me, I will no longer share my wonderful treats with him. (Officer B, you need to behave!)
We enjoyed a snickerdoodle cake for dessert (I ran out of cupcake liners) and then I sent home with Officer B some snickderdoodle cupcakes.


Snickerdoodle Cupcakes/Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.blogspot.com/



Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon (I used 2)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used 3)
1 1/4 cups milk


Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
1 package cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I used 2)
Touch of milk (I added this)


Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together both flours, baking powder, salt, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.

Using stand mixer cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl when needed. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in batches, alternating with milk, and beating until combined after each.

Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three quarters full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes.

You can also make 12 cupcakes plus one single layer cake or two single layer cakes.

TO MAKE FROSTING: Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend on low speed until combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine. Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, blending with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute. Add the cinnamon, then increase the mixer speed to medium and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more. I did add a touch of milk to make the frosting a touch thinner and blend it together better.









Linked up at:


Mommy’s Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. Kerri I think you have just won my heart. I love snickerdoodle cookies I must give these cupcakes a try.

    xo

    ReplyDelete