Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sweet Tooth Tuesday -- Hunky Chocolate Chip Cookies

Awhile back, while reading over at Baking and Boys, I found a cookie receipe that I couldn't wait to try and we finally tried it last week. I wish we wouldn't have wait so long to make them. They were wonderful!


Hunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
http://www.bakingandboys.com/


6 tablespoons (3 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup (64 grams) peanut butter
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar

1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons cream (I used Half & Half)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour, scooped and leveled
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 cup roasted and salted peanuts (I didn't have, so I omited)
1 cup chocolate chips
2 ounce Big Hunk Candy Bar, chopped into chunks



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Scrape sides of bowl. Add the egg, vanilla and cream and beat until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to sift. Incorporated the dry ingredients with the wet, but only beat until just combined. The dough will seem a little stiff, but it will scoop just fine. Stir in the peanuts and chocolate with a wooden spoon. You can stir in pieces of the candy or save it to add to the hot baked cookies.

Scoop the cookie dough on to baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes.
Cut and/or break pieces of the Big Hunk and put them on the baked cookies. Let them sit on the baking sheets for a few minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.




**I put the Big Hunk candy in my dough and baked the cookies with it already mixed in**



G really enjoyed these cookies and so did all my co-workers. I had made the cookies the day of my Girl's Night Dinner and sent cookies home with the girls and I hear that one didn't get any once her bag made it home, that her bf ate them all. :)





A big thanks to Katrina for a posting such a wonderful cookies recipe. I encourage you to visit her blog.






Linked up at:


1 comment:

  1. These cookies look wonderful. I think I will make them today to sent out to work with my husband tomorrow.

    xo

    ReplyDelete